Originally constructed between 1968-1971, The O’Shaughnessy has benefitted from several upgrades including new main floor seats, lighting, disability accommodations, renovated dressing rooms and greenroom, a new ticket office, and additional women’s restrooms. Numerous options for special events and receptions are also available both within the auditorium space and through the St. Catherine University campus.
The O’Shaughnessy at St. Catherine University has a storied history of hosting events large and small for over 40 years. Famed for its Women of Substance Series, The O’Shaughnessy accommodates concerts, dance, multimedia presentations, meetings, commencements and more.
- Up to 1800 seats, full house, or 714 seats, main floor only (with movable ceiling dropped in for greater intimacy). View seating chart here.
- Continental-style seating with ample leg room.
- Flexible Orchestra Pit that can be used in three positions: down for live musicians; house level for additional seating; and stage level for additional stage apron space
- Updated for improved ADA Accessibility in 2014, including space for 14 wheelchairs
- Free Parking on campus for most events
- Professional technical and front-of-house staff at your service
- Additional spaces available for breakout, rehearsals or receptions.
- Auditorium with Flexible Audience Seating
- Full House capacity up to 1800
- Main Floor capacity 714 (including Pit Seating)
- Frey Black Box Theater/Scene Shop
- Rehearsal space, costume/set storage and pre-staging
- Recital Hall
- Green Room
- Main Floor
- Mezzanine Lounge, accessible by stairs only
- Upper Balcony Lounge, accessible by stairs only
- Professional Stage Crew (IATSE)
- 2 Steinway Grand Pianos
- Ballet Dance Floor and Percussive Dance Floor
- Complete Sound System
- Stage Lighting
- Orchestra shell
- Chairs and risers
For a list of staff at our theater, please visit the O’Shaughnessy Staff page.
– A full-time Events Manager is on staff to assist you with your front-of-house, merchandise, and concessions needs. We staff well-trained ushers to assist in greeting your patrons and helping them to their seats. View the Front of House Manual for more detailed information about front-of-house assistance.
– A versatile ticket office located in the lobby of The O’Shaughnessy processes orders in person, over the phone, and online, with convenient hours of operation Monday-Friday, 12:00-6:00 p.m., and in person two hours prior to events. Ticketing through The O’Shaughnessy is also available 24/7 online. View the Ticketing Procedures and Policies Manual for more detailed information about ticketing assistance.
– A professional back-of-house staff provides assistance for all of your backstage and production needs. We provide references for auxiliary equipment and are willing to answer questions and give advice concerning your technical needs. The O’Shaughnessy is proud to be a union hall. View the Technical Packet here for more detailed information about renting The O’Shaughnessy.