Welcome to The O’Shaughnessy! We are pleased that you have chosen our venue for your school arts program. We have hosted thousands of students and teachers and know that you will have an exciting and memorable experience.
Please familiarize yourself with the information on this page:
- Bus Info and Arrival
- Lunch Notes
If you are arriving via car or van please alert O’Shaughnessy staff of this decision, and see driving and parking directions.
Contact Claire Frederick, Interim Events Manager, at 651.690.6700 or email email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to your event with any questions or concerns.
The O’Shaughnessy is located on the campus of St. Catherine University at:
NEW BUS INFORMATION
Buses are to enter the campus via GATE 3 on Randolph Ave. Continue straight ahead until you reach the speed bump and stop sign on the right hand side of the road. You will be met there by staff who will guide you from there. Please pay attention and follow instructions when asked to pull forward to drop-off/pick-up your group. From there, a staff member from The O’Shaughnessy will help to guide your group safely off the bus. After your group is loaded on your bus, you will be guided to exit campus toward Fairview Ave through GATE 4.
Following these directions will ensure that Emergency Vehicles have clear access to the campus and The O’Shaughnessy. Under absolutely no circumstances should students be let off their bus on Randolph Ave or anywhere else on campus.
PLEASE ARRIVE 45 MINUTES EARLY and STAY ON YOUR BUS until an O’Shaughnessy staff member arrives to give you further instructions.
An O’Shaughnessy staff member will direct you and your students through the tunnel to campus and to the front doors of The O’Shaughnessy. This entrance is now wheelchair accessible.
On-campus bus parking is ABSOLUTELY NOT PERMITTED at any time.
Parking on residential streets surrounding the campus is prohibited. Instead, bus parking is available at Highland Arena: 800 South Snelling Avenue, St. Paul, MN
Seating 1600 children in 30 minutes is challenging and student safety is extremely important, which is why your participation is essential.
We understand that getting back to school promptly will ensure that students do not miss lunch, class, or their ride home. By following our process, you will ensure that your group will be able to get back to school when expected.
1. We ask that you keep your students on the bus or in their seats until you are given directions from one of our staff members. Students will be taken directly from their buses to their seats, and vice versa. This policy applies to all teachers and students, regardless of age, for every show that takes place in The O’Shaughnessy.
2. Headcounts are important – please do your headcount before you arrive at the auditorium while in transit and immediately after the show ends so we are able to keep the bus loading moving quickly.
3. Please cooperate with the ushers and resist the temptation to organize specific student’s seating arrangements while we are in the process of seating your group. We usher your students directly from their bus to their seats, so consider seating students (and chaperones) on the bus in order of how you would like them to sit in the auditorium. You may also reorganize your group once you have been assigned your seats.
4. Please take your seats before taking students to the restrooms. Going to the restroom and getting drinks of water during a performance can be disturbing to those around you. Whenever possible, this should be taken care of before leaving school. We discourage restroom breaks after the show as we dismiss schools according to bus arrival. Note: The majority of school shows do not have intermissions for restroom breaks.
5. Dimming of house lights, blackouts, and strobes are often a part of many performances. This is a theatrical technique to show a change of location or the passage of time. Please prepare your students of this possibility and contact us if you have any concerns.
We hope that you have found this information helpful in understanding our process and we appreciate any help you can provide in making the day a success!
For a faster, safer dismissal, please use the following guidelines:
1. Buses are to arrive to pick students up no more than fifteen (15) minutes before the end of the show. Buses that arrive earlier will be asked to leave campus and circle until fifteen (15) minutes prior to the end of the show.**
**For shows with large audiences, buses may be asked to return in a staggered time frame, and will be assigned a time upon arrival to the theater.
2. Students and chaperones must remain in their seats until their bus number is called over the house PA system.
3. Groups will not be allowed to wait in the lobby or on the quad as this creates congestion and slows the dismissal process.
4. Restroom breaks should be limited as schools are dismissed immediately after the show concludes.
Due to space and time limitations, meals will not be available through the campus dining services.
A small number of classes may be given permission to eat lunch in the lobby of The O’Shaughnessy or, weather permitting, on the Quad outside of The O’Shaughnessy. The Quad is a large, grassy area in front of The O’Shaughnessy.
Lunch reservations must be made no later than one week prior to the performance. Please contact Interim Event Manager Claire Frederick 651-690-6700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details and reservations.